IT Technician – On Site – Contractual
We are looking for a hardworking self-employed IT technician in Windsor-Essex County, Ontario. The successful candidate must be able to perform installations, repairs, maintenance, and support of computing equipment/POS/Printers.
The ideal candidate will be self-employed and wanting to supplement their income. This is not a full-time position. Students or apprentices will be considered.
The candidate will complete repairs mainly at our clients’ locations. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel to several locations within Windsor-Essex County and/or Chatham. Jobs are mostly during business hours, but there can be occasional calls on the evening and weekends, so the candidate must have availabilities during these hours.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting based on calls
- Implementations, upgrades, project work, and other support duties
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware & software issues.
- Advise users on appropriate use of corporate systems/devices.
- Ensure systems ( desktops, LAN, and printers ) are operational including, but not limited to, maintenance, availability and security, and provide users with system status in terms of down times, configuration and performance.
- Setup of new hardware ( PCs, Mac’s, desktop, laptops, printers, servers, etc. )
- Capable of working under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Inventory and storage management
- Access to a vehicle
- Be able to work independently
Job Types: Contract
- IT Support: 2 years (Recommended)
If you are interested in this position, please contact us.